Our History

Nierengarten & Hippert has been serving New Ulm and the surrounding areas since 1906 when Albert Pfander opened up a law office in downtown New Ulm. He soon partnered with Albert Flor to form Pfaender and Flor. The firm would later become Pfaender and Erickson, and later Pfaender and Glotzbach.

In 1942 Edward Nierengarten joined the firm and added the Nierengarten name to New Ulm’s legal community.  Edward Nierengarten served as Municiapl Judge for New Ulm and also as the Brown County Judicial Officer.  In 1977 his son Hugh Nierengarten and his wife Susan Nierengarten joined Ed’s practice to form the Nierengarten Law Offices. The firm became Nierengarten and Hippert in 1986 when Roger Hippert, who has known Hugh since kindergarten joined the firm. Nierengarten and Hippert celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2011.

A Visual History of Our Firm

History Letterhead